What is Coinbase?
Coinbase is a digital currency exchange. A very secure platform that makes it easy for one to buy, sell, and store digital currency.
The Coinbase headquarter is in San Francisco, California. It was founded in 2012, by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam, and became a fully regulated and licensed exchange in 40 U.S states and territories.
Coinbase platform’s main aim is to create an open financial system for the whole world and help people convert digital currency into and out of their local currency.
Coinbase platform has the following products:
- Buying and selling digital currency has been made easy.
- The process of sending and receiving digital currency between online wallets, friends, or merchants on Coinbase is free.
- There are guaranteed security and backups.
- The wallet is offered within one simple interface.
- Many applications are built using Coinbase API.
- It is an advanced trading platform.
- The platform is seen as a wallet for retail investors.
- It is a standard ramp for new crypto investors.
Some of the digital currencies used in Coinbase are:
Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
Bitcoin Satoshi’s Vision (BSV) (Send Only)
Stellar Lumens (XLM)
USD Coin (USDC)
Ethereum Classic (ETC)
Basic Attention Token (BAT)
OMG Network (OMG)
Kyber Network (KNC)
Band Protocol (BAND)
Coinbase is an extremely easy process and geared towards a beginner. The platform can be accessed through your Android or IOS devices.