ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS.
The title “His Excellence” must have gone straight into the heads of our governors. Look at how they’ve been throwing their weights around like demigods!
How many cold blood murders are now directly connected to sitting governors? How many more have gone unnoticed? Think about it.
Raw power, money, sex plus an insatiable hunger for these three trappings of opulence can easily make any man inhuman then ultimately insane. The situation is even worse when the three are readily available to an average mind or a semi illiterate wanker.
It is about time, we as Kenyans, put proper checks and balances on our governors or we might regret soon. Was the idea of devolution meant to give us the demigods that we have at county level today?
The noble idea of devolution was meant to decentralize power from the excessively powerful and dictatorial central presidency, to the counties. We never anticipated a situation where we could devolve dictatorship and impunity to the counties!
Now we might have as well created real powerful monsters at the county level. Is this what we bargained for? Once more, think about it.
BEFORE WE TALK ABOUT SHARON’S CASE, LETS LOOK AT FORMER CASE STUDIES…
1. Mercy Keino’s murder was linked to powerful former Governor; she was a masters student in the University of Nairobi.
2. The murder of Eng. Carren Chepchumba, an alumnus of Baraton university linked to celebrated journalist and talk show host.
3. Cheryl Kitonga survived after the murder of tycoon Jacob Juma who was allegedly her sponsor.
4. Carol Ngumbu, an MTC student is found murdered with IEBC official Musando.
5. Sharon Otieno a student Rongo university is murdered with her unborn baby linked to a pa of a governor.
6. There was also a tourist Julia Ward who was killed in Masai Mara and her death was linked to a son of a former president
Ladies have a lot to learn from this, ours, as the leaders of thought, is to pray for you…