Donald L Angwege
ANALYSIS: IS MURDER OF SHARON OTIENO ANOTHER ODM’S ATTEMPT TO FINISH OKOTH OBADO POLITICALLY?
The murder of Sharon Otieno an alleged close confidant of Governor Okoth Obado raises more questions that detectives will find it hard to get answers. That Sharon was known to the governor is no doubt but events leading to her death leaves a lot of questions.
Pundits are pointing accusing fingers at Governor Okoth Obado’s political enemies with grand conspiracy linked to the Raila Luo Nyanza succession race. That Obado was the only Luo Nyanza performing governor in the between 2013 and 2017 is in no doubt, he still rates fairly ok right behind Prof Anyang’ Nyongo with Rasanga and Awiti trailing.
A few points to note that may help detectives put the puzzle together;
1. Migori Governor Okoth Obado nearly made Raila politically irrelevant in 2013 when he won the Gubernatorial race on a little known PDP party defeating Raila’s close confidant Prof Edward Oyugi. That came as a surprise to many including Raila himself, Obado coalition saw many MCAs get elected in other smaller parties like Ford Kenya. Those keen on succeeding Raila have never forgiven him fr they know he is a master.
2. Governor Obado is the MOST SENIOR Luo Elected Leader ever elected and re-elected without declaring sycophancy for RAILA ODINGA, in both 2013 and 2017, the governor won without express approval or blessings of Raila.
3. Governor Obado’s super grassroots support shocked many, he literally came from nowhere and made his political debut in 2013, pulled a fast one on Raila when he beat ODM’s Prof Akongo Oyugi using little known PDP to hand Raila the humiliation of the century in 2013.
4. Raila tried to fight back in vain. By 2016, Raila realized Obado is not only unbeatable but is the King of Migori. So Raila literally begged Obado to vie on ODM in 2017 like Kalonzo begged Kivutha in Makueni.
5. The truce between Raila and Obado did not last long because Obado doesn’t suffer Raila’s dictatorial tendencies. Only recently a defiant Obado was in the news earning ODM and RAILA’s wrath by rightly opposing the Raila’s attempt to impose of Ochillo Ayacko as Senator on Migori Residents.
6. No question Raila fears Obado will beat him again this time by stopping election of his nephew Ochillo. Raila also fears next Obado will challenge his Nyanza supremacy in 2022 either directly or by supporting RUTO.
7. Granted, Obado may be the father of Sharon Otieno’s second unborn child but, surely, what would be his motive for her murder? It’s not like Obado raped Sharon or she was a minor, what’s the big deal about a woman who is already a mother getting pregnant?
8. If Sharon and Barrack Oduor (NATION Journalist) were sitting between the 2 Kidnappers in a car as he says, how did the journalist jump the kidnapper to escape out of the speeding car except the Kidnappers created the opportunity?
9. Did the Murderors of Sharon Otieno create an opportunity for Barack Oduor to escape knowing he will tell his story and that way make it look like Obado wanted to kill both of them to cover the story of the pregnancy?
10. If the goons had been hired by Okoth Obado, why would they proceed to murder Sharon Otieno after escape of Nation Journalist knowing he would spill the beans? Wouldn’t they have changed plans in the circumstances?
11. Was OBADO’s PA hired and paid to play a role in the kidnap to tarnish his boss? Did someone take advantage of Sharon Otieno’s pregnancy with Okoth Obado’s baby to commit an heinous crime and have Obado linked to it or his reputation soiled without justification?
12. The ODM reaction is very telling. Raila who was sharing a Migori Senatorial Campaigns’s meeting reportedly observed a 1 minute silence after the news broke out.ODM Women Rep (Migori and Homabay) shamelessly came out to lecture us on the danger of Sponsors ostensibly to link Okoth Obado to the saga.
13. The death of Sharon Otieno, like that of Chris Msando, only serves to further ODM’s interests but appears calculated to put blame on ODM’s and RAILA’s enemies.
14. One always wonders, if Chris Msando had not been eliminated, who would have believed ODM’s claims of vote rigging and server hacking? If Msando was there and still alive, how would ODM have gotten away with the allegation that servers were hacked with Anyang Nyong’o in-law in charge?
15. Why would the Jubilee Government kill Msando when they could appoint him to a position like PS of ICT and see him leave IEBC next day without spilling blood if all they wanted was to get rid of Msando to to rig?
CONCLUSION: UNDERMINING OKOTH OBADO AND HIS INFLUENCE ON MIGORI SENATORIAL BY-ELECTION AND POST RAILA RETIREMENT IN 2022 COULD BE VERY POSSIBLE MOTIVES OF SHARON OTIENO’S MURDER!