By Viscount K’Owuor
I invite the DPP to investigate the following Kisumu County Officials
1. Nerry Achar – suspicion ; pilfering revenue. Kibuye Sunday market collections for example have droped by more than 50%. Millions have been carted away in bags several times. There are number plates of the vehicles used to ferry the loot.
2. Alice Moraa – suspicion; operating an account where kickbacks are deposited. Conflict of interest in the issuance of tenders. Money laundering.
3. Anyang Nyongo – suspicion; earning millions in per diems through foreign trips while on sick leave. Hiring people unprocedurally. Watching as Executive Committee members commit illegalities.
4. Rosemary Obara – suspicion; conflict of interest in the issuance of tenders, in particular, the housing of the Cuban doctors. Pilfering revenue.
5. Onyango Oloo -suspicion; conflict of interest in procurement. Wastage of county assembly funds. Violating procurement procedures. Receiving kickbacks from tenders. Bypassing the IFMIS in payment of goods and services. Unprocedurally earning allowances from foreign trips.
6. Selected MCAs -suspicion; conspiring with the executive to defraud the public millions of shillings through grassroot projects, where MCAs are given blank Local Supply Orders.
Particular matters that must be probed:
1.Hiring of senior county staff
2. Cash collections at JOORTH
3. Prequalification of companies
4. Supply of goods at JOORTH
5. Procurement of office space by the county assembly.
Financial audit of bank accounts of the suspects and other senior county officials will either vindicate them or expose the current rot at Kisumu County Government.