MYSTERY OF THE STABBED FOETUS
1. Hormones are doing a number on the girl during her pregnancy. She is needy and insecure and the baby has started kicking. She has no proper medical cover and lately the governor has been ignoring her. A friend advises her that she can do better and reminds her that the Governor won’t be governor forever. Strike while the iron is hot! Says her friend. Girl asks governor for a retirement package for her and her baby.
2. Governor says if it’s the baby complicating matters she should abort it. She petulantly says no. He says he is tired of her childish nonsense and tells imperial Hotel not to entertain her. She is spoilt! He spits. He refuses to pick her calls and hangs her out to dry.
3. She gets desperate after realizing he has completely shut her out. She asks him in text messages why things have gone bad between them. He is non-responsive. Feeling abandoned, angry girl calls journalist friend, shares exclusive nude photos and text messages and everything scandalous. She tells him to go tell the governor what he has and that she means business. She will not be used and dumped like a silly girl, she tells him to remind the governor.
4. Journalist tries to reach governor but doesn’t succeed. He seeks the help of minority leader. Minority leader introduces him to governor. He introduces himself and tells Governor I have this story on you and you need to answer a few questions before I spill it.
5. The girl wants this thing settled quietly, he tells the governor. So why don’t you sort her and I make this story go away? He asks him. Let’s be reasonable, he tells governor. It doesn’t have to get ugly.
6. Governor listens and nods, his face weary. I will get in touch, he says and walks away surrounded by his aides. He tells his pitbulls to make the thing go away, he has no time for that sort of crap. Not now, he says. Not now! Do you hear me? He yells at them. His face is a mask of pure rage. Why do I have you guys? He asks them angrily as he slams his car door.
7. Governor’s guys get in touch with journalist. Tell him to sell the story to them and ask him promise to never publish or disclose to anyone and walk away. He says cool. The transaction takes place. They say they will handle the girl.
8. A few days later, girl calls journalist. Says the PA has called and wants to talk.
9. Journalist goes and meets the girl. The presumed PA gives them a runaround (basically buying time for nightfall) and they finally meet outside a third hotel after some cloak and dagger hotel-hopping. The alleged PA walks with them into a tinted car. They drive for fifty meters and the alleged PA walks out of the car.
10. Hooded men take over the car and order the journalist and girl to put off their phones, which they confiscate.
11. They speed off. We only need the girl, one of them says. The journalist says that he is staying. They open the door and roughly push the journalist out of the moving car. They stop briefly, watch him pick himself up and disappear into the nearby village. They then speed off.
12. The shaken journalist is collected by his colleagues and he reports about the kidnap and his daring escape.
13. The captors have a rough time telling the girl to keep it on the down low. She has the county’s baby and she cannot be scared, she says and slaps one of them. The governor will deal with you!, she threatens them as she punches them. They are intoxicated, psychopathic hotheads. Things quickly escalate. They rape her, fatally stab her in the stomach and kill her in a wild frenzy.
14. The next day, the girl is found dead. Journalist can’t confirm it was the PA he met since it was dark. The PA says he has never met journalist. Journalist doesn’t know who the hooded men were. Governor doesn’t know anything about the death. He was a sperm donor, not a murderer. He parades his family before the country, says how rough it has been the past few days and says he is innocent and promises to cooperate with the police.
Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Similarities to real people, places, or events are entirely coincidental.
The mystery continues