Creating an eCitizen portal has been simplified. You can easily make payments online for services at the comfort of your home with this new advancement. Anyone can easily access government services online
Since its launch by the government in 2014, there is convenient and effective service delivery to the people of Kenya and beyond.
What services are offered at eCitizen?
Through eCitizen, you can access services in various ministries such as:
National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA)
- Obtaining provision driving license
- Renewal of driving licenses
- Driving test booking
- Driving license information corrections
Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Police clearance form (Good Conduct)
- Application of late birth certificates
- Registering birth certificates
- Death certificates
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- KRA pin application
- Tax Compliance Certificate checker
- Returns filing
- Pin checker
- Custom goods declaration
- KRA Mobile payments
- Any other services of a taxpayer
- Notice of marriages
- Solemnization of marriages
- Issuance of marriage certificates
- Special licenses for marriages
- Commissioning Affidavits and more
Ministry of lands
- Land rent clearance certificate
- Title deeds
- Passport applications and payment for kids and adults
- Visa application
Registrar of companies
- Register your business name
- Obtaining a single business permit
- Fire certificate for business premises
To create an eCitizen account, you will need a registered phone number, National ID card number, an active e-mail address, and a passport-sized photograph.
Depending on what account you need, there is a variety to choose from. That is:
- Citizen Account– This is for Kenyan citizens only. To register, you need your first name and your National ID number.
- Foreign residents- It is For Foreigners who reside in Kenya. Here, your foreign certificate is required.
- Visitors- This is for any foreigner in need of a Kenyan Visa to enter Kenya.
- Business– Businesses registered in Kenya are allowed with a business registration number.
How to create an eCitizen account
Creating an account here is fast and simple. If you have the requirements, it is a 123 kind of task. This is how it is done:
- Access the eCitizen portal and click on the ‘Create Account’ button at the top right corner on the page. Choose among the four accounts depending on the one you need to create. In this case eCitizen.
- On the CITIZENS page, enter your National ID number and include your first name on the verification form and click on Verify.
- You will then be directed to another page that displays your passport-sized photograph, ID Number and Full Name. You have to enter your gender, email address, and select a password you can remember. Agree to the terms and conditions and Continue
- As you will need to verify your email address, get to your email inbox, and open your email from eCitizen for the verification. Once you verify your details and application, click Next
- You will also have to verify your phone number. Once you enter your phone number, you will receive a verification message via SMS. Enter the verification code and go to Verify
- You will have to upload a recent passport size photo and click on Continue to complete your eCitizen application.